Welcome to the Stedman Community Development Club, Inc.
If you have trouble viewing this website with IE10, Please use Compatibility Mode, or Another browser like Chrome or Firefox
The Stedman Community Development Club (SCDC) was originally formed in the early 1960s as one of many community development clubs sponsored by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service to promote local community and community support activities. The SCDC was chartered as a non-profit corporation by the State of North Carolina in 1987 and is presently designated a 501(c)(7) corporation.
The SCDC is an all volunteer service organization focused on projects which add value to the citizens of the greater Stedman Community. Presently active projects include:
- Own and manage The Stedman Community Building
- Administer the Fisher Cemetery
- Publish the SCDC News
- Co-Sponsor an Annual Food Bank Replenishment Drive
- Publish a Community “Birthday” Calendar
- SCDC Membership expansion
We are also actively working to pay for the $40,000 in renovations we made to The Community Building during 2011 with fund-raisers which bring people to The Community Building.
Projects under development include:
- A local Business Chamber of Commerce type function
- A community business directory
- A local citizen’s contribution recognition program
- A Book & Movie Enjoyment and Appreciation program
- Training and crafts / guild programs
For example: Coupon utilization purchasing practices
The SCDC meets every month and visitors and prospective members are welcome to attend our meetings.
Where: At The Stedman Community Building
Located at 335 First Street in Stedman, at the intersection with Jaycee Street
Easy directions: South from Highway 24 / Clinton Road on Carol Street (across from Crumpler’s Automotive, between J W Ezzell’s and Xtreme Fitness & Tanning) to Jaycee Street, turn right and at the street end, the building is on the right.
When: the second Monday evening of each month, at 7:00 PM and delicious refreshments are served during the social time at each meeting
The SCDC does not have office hours or a telephone, but you are invited to contact any of the below listed people directly.
- Heidi Maxwell is President: 910.483.8003
- Heather Canet is Vice President: 910.305.3279
- Jesse Hall, Jr. is Treasurer: 910.483.1902
Community Building Rental:
- Jane Horne: 910.483.4316
- Stavri Kollar: 910.486.7903
Fisher Cemetery related issues:
- Ellen Hall: 910.483.1008
Community Calendar issues:
- Bob Johnson: 910.977.5089
- SCDC News issues; Jesse Hall, Jr.: 910.483.1902
Suggestions, comments or interest in joining the SCDC:
- Ann Faircloth: 910.480.2523