Stedman Community Development Club
Welcome to the Stedman Community Development Club, Inc. If you have trouble viewing this website with IE10, Please use Compatibility Mode, or Another browser like Chrome or Firefox. The Stedman Community Development Club (SCDC) was originally formed in the early 1960s as one of many community development clubs sponsored by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. These clubs were intended to promote local communities and their community support activities. The SCDC was chartered as a non-profit corporation by the State of North Carolina in 1987 and is presently designated a 501(c)(7) non-profit corporation.
The SCDC is an all volunteer service organization focused on projects which add value to the citizens of the greater Stedman Community.
Presently active projects include:
- Own and manage The Stedman Community Building
- Administer the Fisher Cemetery
- Publish the SCDC News
- Co-Sponsor an Annual Food Bank Replenishment Drive
- Publish a Community “Birthday” Calendar
- Publish and distribute a Community Business Directory
- Yard of the Month recognition program
- Community Wide Litter Clean Up
Projects under consideration include:
- A local Business Chamber of Commerce type function
- A local citizen’s contribution recognition program
- A Book & Movie Enjoyment and Appreciation program
- Training and crafts / guild programs
- Suggestions from the community
The SCDC meets every month and visitors and prospective members are welcome to attend our meetings. Where: At The Stedman Community Building Located at 335 First Street in Stedman, at the intersection with Jaycee Street. Easy directions: South from Highway 24 / Clinton Road on Carol Street (across from Crumpler’s Automotive, between J W Ezzell’s and Xtreme Fitness and Tanning) to Jaycee Street, turn right and at the street end, the building is on the right.